We just finished researching the gun safe industry. Turns out 90% of folks buy their gun safes from box stores. They probably buy these safes because they save $300. Which means a safe they buy for $995 would cost $1295 from Sportsman Safes.
But here’s what you give up for that $300 savings! You’ll be blown away.
1) 30 Min Fire resistance Vs. 60 Min fire resistance – You get twice the fireproofing.
2) 1″ Step Door – The box stores give you a flat door that seals on one level. Our step door gun safes are built like bank safes that seal on five levels.
3) 250lbs – Our 60 x 32 x 28 gun safe for $1295 weighs 800lbs compared to a box store gun safe that weights 550lbs. Heavier is always better.
4) Thicker steel – We use 10 gauge steel vs. 12 gauge. That’s two gauges thicker.
5) 3/4″ Frame that protects your bolts from pry attacks. Many of these box store gun safes only have 1/8″ frames. They are MUCH easier to pry into. You can see online how thin frame gun safes can be pried open in less than two minutes.
So you can see you get what you paid for. Plus, a 60 min fire safe will protect your guns from longer fires. 30 min fire safes are not enough protection for your guns and other belongings.
Call us if you need help with any gun safe purchase. Or simple if you have questions about any of our vault door products. www.sportsmansteelsafes.com.
kevin H — Thanks!